How to sprout MMJ seedOn August 17, 2017 by darren
This method of “popping” or sprouting MMJ seeds has proven successful! Even with the harshest of conditions applied (Fire by OG18 – Seed was burned and still sprouted) before hand, seeds sprout successfully. Please comment your results below.
The best way to sprout or “pop” an MMJ seed:
- MMJ seed(s)
- A new 5-inch or smaller glass bowl
- A bottle of water
- Must be non mineral, non vitamin, pure water only. When you look at the label it should read 100% water or 100% spring water. If there is anything other than water on the ingredients line DO NOT USE! No minerals, salt, or anything added AT ALL. ONLY WATER!
- 2 Organic paper towels
- A quart or sandwich size ziplock bag
- A sharpie marker
- Organic Aloe powder
- Organic rooting powder
- Microbial’s (bubbles) from brewing tea
MMJ Sprouting Procedure:
- Clean the new small glass bowl with a small amount of bottled water.
- Dry with 1 organic paper towel & dispose of paper towel.
- Fill glass bowl about 1 inch deep of bottled water.
- Place MMJ seed in the bowl of water. It will float.
- Place the bowl of water with seed into ziplock bag and seal the bag.
- Label the ziplock bag as necessary. (Strain, Date)
- 8-10 hours later remove the bowl from the bag and tap the top of the seed. If the seed falls to the bottom of the bowl it is ready to proceed. If not place the bowl back into the ziplock bag & reseal. Wait another 4-8 hours & tap the seed, repeat until the seed(s) sinks.
- Once the seed has sunk dump some of the water & seed onto the middle of an organic paper towel.
- Fold the damp paper towel in half (top-down), and then in half again (left-right) as so the seed (still in the middle of the towel) is located at the bottom corner of the folded towel.
- Place the damp folded paper towel and seed back into the ziplock bag and reseal.
- Place ziplock bag (might wrap in cloth towel) in dark area another 18-24 hours.
- In a darker room, remove the paper towel with seed sprout from ziplock bag and unfold paper towel.
- Measure the seed sprout length. Once the sprout is approximately 2 inches long it is ready for transplant. This normally takes around 3-5 days of sprouting in a damp paper towel.
- Check the dampness of the paper towel. Make sure it is damp, but not wet, nor dry. Humidity in the bag is ok but never sitting water. If the paper towel is dry add 2-3 table spoons bottled water or another option if tea is brewing; 2-3 table spoons of Microbial’s (the bubbles) from tea. Drop either onto the seed moistening it, and the paper towel area around it. Let the paper towel soak in extra moisture.
- Optionally if sprout growth appears to be stunted (slow) organic aloe powder &/or organic rooting powder may be applied near the seed on the paper towel along with microbial’s or bottled water.
- Repeat steps 9-14 until the sprout is approximately 2 inches long.
- Once sprout is approximately 2 inches long place into 2″ x 2″ planter with soil. Read planting an MMJ Sprout.