Soil Mix 8-18-17On August 18, 2017 by darren
Today I mixed up soil preparing for transplant of 10 plants into larger smart pot planters in a few days. Included in todays mix:
- 4 bags of Colorado’s Choice top soil mix
- 4 bags of Colorado’s Choice cow compost mix
- 1 bag Fox Farm Potting Soil
- 1 bag organic compost
- 1 bag batch 64 soil mix
- 1 bag organic kelp meal
- 1 small box organic fish bone meal
I started with 2 bags of each Colorados choice mix. (4 bags total). Mixed with a shovel. Layered kelp meal, fish bone meal onto mix. Next I added the Fox Farm, Batch 64, and Organic Compost bags. Mixed with a shovel. Layered kelp meal, fish bone meal into mix. Last I added the final 4 bags of Colorado choice mix’s.
Included in tomorrows addition:
- 1 bag organic earthworm castings
- 1 small box organic bat guano
- 3 5gal buckets full of compost/soil mix from my back yard
Mix with a shovel again. Adding the rest of the kelp meal, fish bone meal, and this time; bat guano, one bag of worm castings, & a couple buckets full of soil/compost mix from my back yard mix.
I will mix again tomorrow morning and by evening when the lights turn on it will be ready for transplanting the girls into bigger pots.