Black Dog LED LightsOn March 18, 2018 by darren
We use Black Dog LED lights in the grow. Since 2010 Black dog LED lights have been made locally in Boulder Colorado. Black Dog LED offers everything from a complete grow tent kit to just LED Lights, light movers, glasses, and growing accessories. The Black Dog PhytoMax-2 line offers options from 200 to 1000. The true wattage & total photon flux of LED lights is different than standard high pressure sodium grow lights. The grow wattage for each Black Dog PhytoMax unit is listed below.
- PhytoMAX-2 200 LED GROW LIGHT – 210 actual watts and 320 μMol/s total photon flux
- PhytoMAX-2 400 LED GROW LIGHT – 420 actual watts and 641 μMol/s total photon flux
- PhytoMAX-2 600 LED GROW LIGHT – 630 actual watts and 961 μMol/s total photon flux
- PhytoMAX-2 800 LED GROW LIGHT – 840 actual watts and 1282 μMol/s total photon flux
- PhytoMAX-2 1000 LED GROW LIGHT – 1050 actual watts and 1602 μMol/s total photon flux
Pros & Cons of using LED Lights:
LED grow lights are the most efficient lighting type available. Used in today’s most cutting-edge commercial grows as well as many home gardens, LED grow lights combine precise spectral outputs, advanced optics, and thermal management engineering to convert almost 100% of consumed power into growth-targeted light energy. This is how LED grow lights produce great yields while consuming less energy than their high pressure sodium lights. LED grow lights also require very little maintenance aside from cleaning. LED’s have spectrums optimized for the full growth cycle allowing growers to use just one LED grow light system from start to finish.
Pros of LED Grow Lights
• Nearly twice the wattage of high pressure sodium lights.
• Run much cooler temperature than high pressure sodium lights.
• Comes as all-in-one fixtures.
• Can be placed closer to plants in confined areas.
Cons of LED Grow Lights
• Higher upfront cost.
• Not standardized yet.
• Produce very little heat.
I hope this helps provide necessary information when purchasing your LED light. If there is anything missing please comment below. Thank you for reading!